I got off to a slow start with my Ravellenics projects, but I am quickly catching up now. I traveled for the weekend, so didn’t get as much crocheting done as I would have liked. I managed to work on my snail, though, and I love the result!
Originally, I was going to make the snail’s body brown, but then I noticed a lot of grey tones in the shell color, so I went with grey instead. It works well, especially with the purples running through the shell. The pattern for the snail is Freshstitches Martin the Snail, with a little bit of customization on the shell.
I also finished up my niece’s Tinkerbell doll today. The leaves on the skirt were not laying as nicely as I wanted, so I lightly steam-ironed the back of each leaf. Ironing acrylic yarn is precarious, and I must have held my breath the entire time, afraid that I would melt the yarn. Everything worked out perfectly! This doll is based off another Freshstitches pattern.
Next time I make the wings, I’m going to use a sparkly yarn. That would look good for the outfit too!
These dolls are time consuming to make, but I love them so much. Each doll has such different character and personality!
That’s all I have so far. Next up I will be finishing up the blue teddy bear, and then hopefully I’ll have something new to share with you!
Thanks for stopping by.